Latest From CPC/Qualicare
“The CMS released updated PMB definition guidelines which must be obeyed by all medical schemes, in a circular dated 13.11.2020
Regarding PPE they state unequivocally that :
PPE for health workers who are treating and managing suspected and confirmed COVID-19 patients is PMB level of care.
Claims should be backdated to 7 May 2020, when the PMB regulations for COVID-19 were promulgated.
- Payment for PPE is NOT patient liable in suspected or confirmed cases of Covid-19
- Schemes are obliged to pay this from risk NOT from savings, or from day to day benefits
- All claims which have not yet been paid should be backdated to 7 May 2020 and urgently sent into the schemes
- Various schemes have published their reimbursement rates for PPE, and these are available below.”
021 928 4102
NOVEL CORONA VIRUS
FUNDING of PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT - PPE:
GENERALCLEANING & DISINFECTION
COVID-19 – Cleaning and disinfection of environmental surfaces in the context of COVID-19 COVID-19 – Here’s how to Prep your Practice for COVID-19PERMITS / FORMS / POSTERS ETC.GUIDANCE ON CODING
COVID-19 – Video - How to Obtain a Nasopharyngeal Swab Specimen
- 2021 - DH - GP Remuneration for Schemes Administered by DH Oct '20
- 2021 - KeyCare GP Network Rates Oct '20
- 2021 - DH - GP Network Medical Consultations Oct '20
- The Extension of Chronic Medication Prescriptions to 12 months
- 2020 Reimbursement Rates & Plan Options offered by SA Funders
CPC/Qualicare and IPAF position on recent development regarding Fraud, Racism & Funders withholding Payments
As the leading national Family Practitioner doctor network we do not condone fraud, & will not defend any of our members in instances where fraud has been proven beyond doubt. Secondly, we do not condone deviation from the law by medical schemes &administrators, in the name of recouping monies allegedly claimed fraudulently. Lastly, we urge our members to exercise care and caution when providing medical services and claiming from medical schemes for services rendered.
CPD Points: CPC/Qualicare Related Reading Material
CPC/Qualicare related reading material is available for those who require CPD Points and who were not able to attend our Open Day in Bellville, George and Worcester 2019.
- A Pocket Guide to Antibiotic Prescribing
URGENT NEWS from IPAF
Guidelines for good practice in the Health Care Professions
General Ethical Guidelines for the Health Care Professions: Practice as a health care professional is based upon a relationship of mutual trust between patients and health care practitioners. The term “profession” means “a dedication, promise or commitment publicly made."
Poisons Information Helpline: Number Change
The number and name for the poisons emergency telephone service available throughout South Africa has changed.
The new 24/7 poisons service is called: Poisons Information Helpline 0861 555 777
Please remove your old numbers and replace with the above which is serviced by both Tygerberg Hospital and Red Cross War Memorial Children’s Hospital.
If you would also like to display the two poison centres’ office numbers for general non-emergency queries, they are as follows:
- Red Cross War Memorial Children’s Hospital Poisons Information Centre: 021 6585111
- Tygerberg Poisons Information Centre: 021 9389596 (Office Hours)